Ice cream cake is an all-time favourite, but have you ever thought about making one yourself? There's no expensive ice cream machine required for this recipe, all you need is a little Good Vibes help.
A fresh take on a birthday classic, this delicious ice cream cake recipe is made with a tasty gingernut biscuit base, our silky smooth Mango Passion and Very Vanilla gelato in the middle, and a refreshing mango and passionfruit topping. Make no mistake, this ice cream cake will have everyone coming back for seconds – and thirds!
This mouth-watering recipe was created by the talented and lovely Clementine Day. Follow her on Instagram for more great recipe ideas.
Mango Passion & Very Vanilla Gingernut Ice Cream Cake Recipe
200g gingernut biscuits
Pinch of salt
85g unsalted butter, melted
950ml Good Vibes Mango Passion Vegan Ice Cream
950ml Good Vibes Very Vanilla Dairy Ice Cream
1 mango, peeled and both cheeks sliced thinly
6-8 pieces of dried mango
6-8 gingernut biscuits
Pulp from 2-4 passionfruit
1. Line a 22cm spring-form cake tin with cling wrap.
2. For the base, blitz the gingernut biscuits in a food processor until they form a mealy crumb. In a bowl, combine the biscuit crumb and salt, then add the melted butter and stir until there are no dry bits remaining.
3. Tip the biscuit mixture into the prepared cake tin and press down evenly across the base. Using the bottom of a flat based cup will help you to make it even and get it nicely packed down.
4. Now start to scoop your ice cream on top. I like to create a ‘very relaxed’ checkered pattern with the vanilla and mango passion, so that you get a bit of both flavour in each bite. Don’t overthink this, you don’t want neat squares of ice cream here, just some nice alternation. After each layer, press the ice cream down so it’s well condensed and you don’t get empty patches. Continue to repeat this until you’ve emptied all your ice cream tubs.
5. Cover the top with another layer of cling wrap and place in the freezer for at least 4-6 hours or until nicely firm. You’ll see best results leaving this overnight.
6. When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and decorate the top with your fresh and dried mango slices, spare gingernut biscuits and passionfruit pulp.
7. Devour it all before the kids get home
Serves 12 | Preparation time: 30 minutes | Setting time: 4-6 hours
Note: Store in the freezer, best consumed within 1-2 days
What separates your average vanilla gelato from the greats? Quality vanilla bean. We scoured the globe for the world’s best vanilla bean, from Madagascar to Tahiti, Indonesia to Tonga, but we couldn’t beat the delicious flavour and aromatic fragrance of the ancient vanilla beans that grow in the Sepik region of Papau New Guinea. You really can taste the difference!
Our Alphonso Mango pairs beautifully with a tangy & exotic passionfruit punch. The sweet, tropical notes of coconut milk make for a light & refreshing finish. An absolutely delightful vegan gelato. You’ll be diving back for more.